Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Selling the old knitting machine.

Yup I bought it two years ago and used it once. I bought it back when I wanted to knit but didn't want to hand knit. Plus it was an antique. So cool! But I got it and realized I wasn't to keen on using it and I have no room to set it out so it was stashed into my bedroom closet. I have decided that there is someone out there that will love it more than I so I want to let it go.
This is the stuff that goes with the machine. Honestly I will not be much help in what they are all for.

Here we have the whole thing. I do not have exact deminsions but if you want to know I will be happy to measure.

Also comes with a row counter. This thing is rather cool :)

Not sure of the exact name of this but it is what you use to slide the carriage back and forth.



Clamps attach here to hold it to the table.

These two books are included. One is the manual that goes with the machine, the other is a Home study course.
Brother Knitting machine model KH551 I'm guessing from online research that it was made sometime in the 60's. It is clean and in good shape. I made a scarf on it so I know that it works as well.
Now for the business part. I am asking $120.00 for the machine but I am also interested in trading. I am still pretty new to spinning and handknitting so my stash is not to big yet. Tempt me! Shoot me an email at mintdee at cox dot net if you are interested. Thanks!
sellingly
Dee