Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I did it!

I designed my very first top!! It was so easy once I sat down and just did it. I used the fleece that I Dyed in kool-aid a while back. This was just supposed to happen because when I started knitting with the yarn I had no clue what it was that I was going to knit. None. I just knew that I wanted it to be done in the round. I co and started knitting trying it on for kid hats and thinking maybe a dropped stitch scarf, but none of thoes seemed right. So I measured miss Phia and BINGO! In casting on I had added the perfect amount of stitches for the little girls waist. So a shirt it became. I wrote it down as I went until I got to the top part so I am going to have to do some figureing and maybe re-knit it in another bulky weight yarn to make sure that I have it right. I am thinking that if I get the pattern written up nicely that I will submit it to the pattern a day calander. The coolest thing ever would be to get published!
Anyway here are the pics. I have to go pick up the school children.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 comment:

Becka said...

Girl, I LOVE PHIA'S TOP!!!!!! You so should submit it to the calendar!!! You should be proud!!!!!!