Tuesday, August 01, 2006

the knitting

Currently I am working on Kiri. Frankly I am using that phrase loosely. I started it, ripped back slowly (kid silk haze is NOT easy to rip) started again, ripped again, and then noticed that I have managed to mess up yet again. So I have put it down for tonight before I go absolutly insane.
Yup that is as far as I got. Not a good sign. uuugh.

I also somehow managed to lose my needlemaster set. No clue how. If I had thoes needles I think that I would have had a little easier knitting on Kiri. The needles that I am currently using suck big time. I think that I will wait until I have better needles before I attempt to knit Kiri again. Wish me luck.

On to good news. The knitting for Cleo is done! Woooo. Now I have to find me some elastic to sew into the lace band and boom! I have a wearable knitted item! I am so happy about that. Rather feels good to be done knitting something that I can wear. I have started and stopped so many things to wear that it is not even funny.
Also I managed to get a pic of my new ball winder.

It works like a charm. You should see all the balls that I have made with that thing.
I have also decided to turn the little cabinet thing that holds my lovely clock into my stash holder. So I cleaned it out and stashed my stash.

That box next to the quilt binder? Full of pin drafted cotton. I love that stuff! It spins up so nicely. Check it out. Double ply. oooohhhh yea.
The twist is not set yet and the cotton will lose the pink color once I boil it. This cotton (roughly 3 pounds of it) is set to be a baby blanket for Sister in laws soon to be born littlen.
Anyway
I must get sleep more tomorrow
Gabbingly
Dee