Sunday, March 05, 2006

OMG!!

Got this e-mail from Jimmy Beans about my knitters purse last night...

Your package was shipped on 03/04/2006 via U.S. Postal Service Priority Mail

!!!!!!


Oh Sorry about all of that. Just need to breath a bit. I even dreamed about it last night!I am so excited about getting this purse it is just silly really. But that is all right everyone needs to be excited about things once in a while.

Also I am a spinner! I had so much fun yesterday at that spin in. I definatly plan on joining the spinners guild and buying locally. I met some very nice ladies who really helpedI had so much fun! The ladies had some beautiful wheels (I so want one now but will be patient so that I can learn on the spindle and let my kids get a little older) One woman sat with me and showed me how to use the spindle and talked me through it. She then let me go to it and she spun with her spindle. They had cotton that a local farmer had really good luck growing this year that a couple of them were busy spinning. So I got to see one that was picked from the plant take it off of the pod and mess with it. That stuff was so soft! They also showed me how to ply so I have my very first yarn! Another woman gave me a cd spindle and 14 oz of different types of wool. I will post pictures tomorrow as I need to do some rechargeable batteries buying. Anyway I also found out that the woman who taught me to spin raises llama and chickens not to far outside Omaha that sells her eggs. Nothing like farm fresh eggs for breakfast in the mornings! Also she told me to bring my kids over because Llamas are really good with little ones apparently so even better! I have done a lot more since the spin in and already I can tell a difference from the stuff that I spun there to the most recent yarn. They said that I am a natural. (who doesn't like to hear that when learning something new?!
Off to play with my spinning and wait ever. so. patiently. for my Jordanna Paige bag to come in the mail even though it is only Sunday and they did only mail it yesterday. Uugh I do not like being patient. le sigh.
Spinningly
Dee

No comments: