Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Aye!

So I am going to stick with the Stash a ganza however in the comments Jen brings a great point...
"I hereby move that the term "stash" shall be stricken from the record unless referring to already spun/bought in a store type yarn. Fleece, roving, top, rolags and hair shall henceforth be referred to as "potential".

Nobody wants lower potential.

All in favor say "aye"."


Yeah I think about all of that potential that I have downstairs and feel that I am doing the world a disservice by not buying more! Think of all of those poor inde sellers trying to sell all that potential just to make ends meet!


Ahem.
I must be strong. I do have a yarn purchase lurking ever closer however. I bought some silk from The Dyeing Arts awhile back that I absolutely adore. I have decided that it needs to be a shawl and therefore needs some sisters to join it. Seeing as how I will be getting paid soon I think that a trip to the yarn store is definitely in order.
Anyhow Classes started yesterday for me so on Mondays and Tuesdays I have class from 8:00-12:30 and then from 6:00-9:00 until Feb 13th. Then the morning classes end and the rest of the ladies in my Sign language program move on to Practicum and I try not to forget my signing skills while I wait until the fall for my practicum. /lesigh.
Pictures of Claptiva when I have more freetime!

buyingly
Dee

P.S.- Ohhhh Sock Pal!! You are making focusing on important things (read: homework) difficult because I keep checking my blog for your updates. It is killing me! hehehe

Did I happen to mention that I love it?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I am trying to post a little something each day. Forgive me if I skip a day here and there...Busy knitting ya know.

In any event on with the daily taunt:
I've finished the heel flap, turned the heel, picked up stitches, and have started the foot tube. The pattern will continue down the top of the sock.

Please don't have any concerns. I will wash the socks in Eucalan to get rid of my drool, before shipping them to you.

Oh and....."Aye."

Anonymous said...

Another progress report:

Five more rounds and I graft the toe =-) Then it is on to sock's mate. Oh will I get Second Sock Syndrome? Will I remember the changes I made in the pattern? Will I have to frog a lot? Will I decide to keep them for myself?

Stay tuned for the edge of your seat dramatic ending!

- Anony Sock Pal

Anonymous said...

Dramatic happenings on As The Heel Turns today:

Anony Sock Swap Pal messed up and had to frog several rows *gasp*

Needle One and Needle Two over came this obsticle. They came together in a circle of friendship. That's a tight knit group there...

With them working together progress was made.

Toe survived his surgery and came through with flying hand painted colors. He's all grafted up now. Recovering on the blocker.

On the next As The Heel Turns...
Will First Sock find his mate?
Will the yarn get all tangled? Will the dryer eat her?

Anonymous said...

OMGOSH! We are definitely soul sock pals....reading through everything...I'm saying..."Me too."

For instance, my favorite movie is Labyrinth as well. I won't give anything else away. Just take it for granted that we have several things in commmon.

- Anony Sock Pal

Anonymous said...

tramadol 100mg tramadol hcl shelf life - tramadol hcl drowsiness