Thursday, January 18, 2007

And from the ashes rises anew...

So I decided that after ripping out the stitches of IHS I needed to make something with it. Didn't seem right that it sit in the stash waiting for the time that I am able to start another scarf. So I made Le Slouch by the brilliant Wendy over at Knit and Tonic. Yes I know that all the cool kids are doing it and that I am such a follower but really how can you resist? Blue Decadance from Knit Picks. I should have swatched because it is a little more fitting than I would have liked but it is still lovely and warm. So so warm. IMG_3229
Top of the hat
The Princess approves
One thing that I did differently is Kitchener stitched the top close instead of gathering the stitches on waste yarn. I really like that look a lot better honestly. So pretty.

On the clapita front I am mere decreases from finishing! There is a weird color strip in it that had I been paying attention during the knitting I would have noticed. I really just don't know how I could have missed it really. I am so far into it though that there is now way that I am frogging all the way back to take the stripe out. So it has offically become a design feature.
I am such a poser
Can you see what doesn't belong?
Clapita

Well off to finish homework, pick up the kids, and then go to the PTA meeting tonight. (How in the hell did I get roped into that?!)
Knittingly,
Dee

No comments: