Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Clownin' around

So I have been a busy woman lately. Last weekend we had my family Thanksgiving to go to. The parents and sibs are always good for a laugh and so loud. After the meal we all piled into our vehicles and went to watch the dad graduate from Clown College. (yup you read that right)




Dad Before









Dad After


Not that this is a big change for us. About the only thing that is different with him is the fact that he now puts on the makeup required of a clown. He has always been a clown in action.
I also saw my little brother get married this weekend. (Told ya I was busy)

This is the cutest picture of TJ and the princess ever.
And no I am not at all partial. Just look at the love.

Is it bad that I didn't take a pic of the Bride and Groom? They did look marvelous and the wedding was nice and short.




Tomorrow being Thanksgiving (Happy Turkey Day ya'll!) I will be cooking up a storm to feed TJ the kidlets, My sister, and the two brother in laws. We will be enjoying Turkey, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, noodles, rolls, pies... the list goes on. Yeah so I will be a busy woman tomorrow as well. Uggh. Ahhh well my own fault for offering!
Now to the knitterly content:
This is my prize from Whimsical Knitting! I was going to make a scrunchable scarf with it for TJ However he does not seem at all interested *gasp* so I am thinking that I will make me the Touch of Whimsy scarf from Becca! I mean that it only seems fitting right? Unfortunately it will have to wait until after Christmas is over. So much knitting to do right now.




Like this thing. Notice the complete lack of progress going on? I am not excited about knitting on it at all. /le sigh Part of my problem with this WIP is the complete lack of excitement from the In laws about it. MIL went as far as to say "you know Gabby has a lot of blankets." Maybe I will finish it someday.




Clap on the other hand is looking Maahhvolous! Stalled very briefly to work on the baby socks but while working on it the scarf is moving quickly. I love the way that it looks in this malabrigo. So yummy!





Baby sock number one in the Lime and Violet colorway from Lisa Souza. Very pretty. I love it! Once finished with the other sock I am thinking a baby hat with the rest.






Anyway. I have bent your ear enough for one day Enjoy your Thanksgiving!
Thanksgivingly,
Dee

No comments: