Monday, February 26, 2007

Of sweaters, socks and anniversaries ...

So T and I celebrated our 9th anniversary on Wednesday! Yes the man and I have been married for 9 long years and I would happily do it all again. T happens to be the hardest man in the world to shop for so I have taken to buying him chocolates and letting him get what ever he wants. He, however, seems to enjoy buying me things (and really who am I to stop him?) so I had a pretty good Valentines/anniversary. First off he got me a cell phone (he's tired of not being able to get a hold of me lately hehehe) He brought this home a few days before Valentines day.
Cell Phone
I love it! I have been a good girl and not gone crazy with the minutes either... so far. (complete with manly case. I need to break out the wool and felt me up a case.)
Then on Valentines day he brought home a beautiful blue i pod nano.
i pod in my favorite color!
I use that thing all the time. Nothing like catching up on pod casts that I haven't listened to in forever. Now if I could only figure out audio books! Needless to say I am a tad spoiled.
Then on our Anniversary he brought home a dozen roses in a stunning red vase.
Flowers
I love me some flowers!
Now for a whole different subject...
I finally got my hands on the IK Spring edition. (side note: I much prefer the old style. This new set up is annoying. I like to have the big picture next to the pattern so that I can say "ohhh I like that what kind and how much yarn does it take?" and then being able to glance over to get that information. Not have to flip through the pages to find the appropriate pattern. But I digress)
Well I decided that I am in mad love with the cable-down raglan sweater and the dollar cardigan. Since I am currently on a yarn diet and do not have the appropriate yarn for either sweater I went to Goodwill to hunt for a sweater to recycle. I found this one...
Sweater
This is a handmade sweater. It looks like it was knit in pieces with the 3 needle BO at the shoulders. It was starting to unravel so I decided to unravel it and use it for a new sweater. I am really unsure of the yarn content but it feels lovely. So that is something else that I have been working on.
I leave you with a pic of Miss Babs spun up in a single. Soo yummy!
Miss Babs spun up!
Anniversarily,
Dee

1 comment:

dragon knitter said...

which good will did you go to? i can never find those kinds of sweaters, and if i d o, they're in REDHEART! oy!