Friday, June 16, 2006

Dying to dye

Here are my pictures of my first attempt at dying roving. I think that in hind sight I would have left off the orange but eh. It spins up very pretty with only a slight change in color.
Soaking up the water...

adding a bit o' color

Drying on the porch is so much faster than in my kitchen...

Dried and wraped...

close up

Pics of the yarn spun from it. Beautiful no?


Not bad if I do say so myself. I did learn that I should have used the same temp when transferring the roving from the soaking pot to the dying pot because it felted a little but otherwise It is beautiful daahhhling!
And last but not least is the lace weight spindle I just got from dream come true farm With the softest angora (droooool) Even Isaac felt it and asked if he really had to stop touching it. lol

Dyeingly
Dee

1 comment:

Julie said...

That turned out beautifully! Love the finished yarn. Dyeing is so addictive!